Friday, September 08, 2006

Within 5 Years

I was hit by the reality that I've lived almost half of my life if I am to base my life expectancy according to DOH's calculation of 72.8 years for the average Filipino woman (as of 2004). Of course there is also the probability that I've lived more than half of it already. The realization made me nostalgic. It made me think of what I have done in and with my life so far...

I visited a friend's blog and learned about Ellen Degeneres' challenge about making our LIFE LIST. Half a lifetime may be too long (and too presumptuous) so I'll set my target to within 5 years. Not in order, here are the things I want to accomplish:

1. Help Luis adjust to his new schedule, new routine, new environment. I'm talking about school, of course, and all the changes that come with it (meeting/socializing with other kids, maturity and responsibility, sleep habits, eating habits).

2. Successfully deliver and take care of my 2nd baby (oh, how different it is when you are surrounded by family). Honestly I am very nervous about this one.

3. Lose weight, lose inches. Ideally I should go back to my pre-pregnancy statistics (and I mean prior to having my first baby!).

4. Start and finish scrapbook backlogs (Luis' 1st year, Korea assignment, 2003-2005 travels).

5. Organize and manage all photo albums (print and digital).

6. Visit Europe once more (IT to include Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Czech Republic, Austria, Greece, Turkey).

7. Find a job (home-based, part-time; could also be full time once our 2nd baby starts schooling).

8. Do volunteer work, or get involved in projects by Unicef, Habitat for Humanity, Greenpeace and the like.

9. Learn to speak Spanish.

10. Write an article and get published!

11. Trace all my elementary, high school, and college friends and get in touch with them (better if reunions can be organized thereafter).

12. Enroll in photography (doesn't matter if I haven't saved enough money to get all the needed equipment).

13. Make our family tree.

14. Finally get a facial, and make having one a routine. I am not getting any younger!

15. Read once again about the world history, and Greek mythology.

If I am lucky to live "the remaining half" of my life, to grow old, what memories will accompany and help me pass the time? Pardon me but let this be the subject of my next entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home