Thursday, March 23, 2006

Pleasant Dilemma

Can't be more contradicting than that, can I? I got the idea from a friend who said I am lucky the things I am worrying about are actually pleasant ones, and I can't agree more. I am blessed my dilemma is in choosing which condo unit to rent, and not where to get the money to pay the rent; the smaller unit with opulent finishings or the bigger one that's a little dimmer, and not one with a leaking roof; how to fit our furnishings and stuff if we get the smaller one, and not where to get the funds to buy the furnishings; how to make it brighter if we get the bigger unit, and not how to fit the electric bill into my budget. The list of my pleasant dilemmas goes on and on...

This is all in connection with our almost imminent move to Singapore. We spent 4 days house and school hunting, and got back last night with loads of pictures to review. I am taking this very very seriously because unlike in Seoul, I am opting to stay in a condo unit this time which could mean less space (but more amenities within our reach). I spent practically the whole day today tracing locations of our condo shortlist in a map, studying accessibility -- concerns like nearness of MRT stations and/or other public transport systems, supermarkets, school, parks and playgrounds -- and other matters that will have a direct impact in our day to day life. I took pictures of every part of each condo we visited and now I am busy doing a mock layout -- where to put the sofa, where to place the cabinets -- in order to see whether everything will fit. I need to do all this because a decision on which condo unit to take is required by the end of the week!

Almost 10 hours in front of my computer looking at all the choices and I'm still confronted by my pleasant dilemmas. Size versus form; space versus light; high versus low. I hope I make the right choices in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home