Sunday, September 10, 2006

Solitary Nights


Do left for the US & Canada and will be gone the whole week. Imagine, a whole week! I never really thought about it - about missing his company and being "by myself" for one whole week - until this morning when I started packing his suitcase. Suddenly I realized I didn't want him away, at least not for that long (a week without my husband is like a year to me). Of course I knew from the time he got appointed to a regional post that there will be lots of traveling involved. But I had the impression those travels will be overnighters, two nights away at a time, at the most. Some might think I am overreacting. But I so value our time together chatting about our day's events when he comes home at night I know I will sorely miss him every second he is away. Complicate my personal feelings with Luis' reaction upon realizing his daddy will be riding the airplane. Soon as he saw his daddy's suitcase, he marched into our bedroom demanding to be bathed so he can "go to the airport and ride the airplane". You guessed it right. He kicked and screamed and "turned his playroom upside down" when we explained to him Daddy needs to attend a meeting, and will just get him a present upon his return. I thought he was appeased after enumerating his wishes (a Lightning McQueen car, and another small red race car), but his tantrums just won't be quelled that easily. He fell asleep crying, and asked for his Daddy the minute he woke up and opened his eyes. I didn't have the heart to get mad at him for kicking and throwing things at me, after realizing how much he is missing his Daddy already. And that he's just expressing his feelings the only possible way he knows. This is gonna be a very long week for both of us, indeed.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger wandering storyteller said...

webcam! para gabi-gabi pa din kayong 'magkita' Ü

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger lala said...

he he, too techy for my hubby :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home