Tuesday, November 07, 2006

More Than Material

Luis loves "reading" books before going to bed. By that I mean looking at the pictures while I give a shortened version of the story based on those pictures. Last night -- not intentionally because Christmas is coming fast -- we read the story of Jesus' birth. Luis was wide-eyed, what with the Baby lying on a stack of hay instead of a crib, surrounded by real animals instead of stuffed toys. Luis correctly pointed at the daddy and mommy. I supplemented with the three kings presenting their gifts. Afterwhich I asked Luis what present he will bring if he is to visit baby Jesus. It's taking him a while to answer so I thought maybe he really doesn't understand yet what I was talking about. I asked him once more, citing examples of possible presents this time. Toys? Food? Books? After a few seconds of silence when he seemed to be pondering my question seriously, my 3 1/2 years old son said, "I'll give Him a great big hug, Mom".



I was stunned. Too lost for words. Evidently hugs mean more to my son than I'd realized.

5 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, touching! good boy Luis :) mwah!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger wandering storyteller said...

looks like your boy's going to have some good values Ü

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger lala said...

magdilang-anghel sana kayong dalawa!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a sweet little kid you got there Lala.

:)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger yingboonliang said...

Good and informative post.Thanks for sharing.For those who love to dine out can choose Good restaurants Bangkok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home