Thursday, November 02, 2006

What's Your Choice?

I should not have been surprised, given that eversince Luis will have preferences far different from mine and his dad. We went to Ikea a few weeks ago and just like our previous visits, Luis had a blast. He loves running around the maze, inspecting items on display. When we reached the Children's Ikea section, he rummaged through the stacks of different stuffed animals. He first twisted the giraffe's neck before throwing the animal up in the air (ooops, apologies to crusades against cruelty to animal societies. it was just a stuffed toy, and i'm already in the process of educating him on how to treat animals). He fiddled with the octopus' tentacles shortly thereafter. But when he finally made his choice of what animal to make his pet, he chose this -->

Now I have nothing against mice in general, but this one is huge. It's a rat! And my son cuddles and scratches it's nose as if it's the cutest thing in the world. I shiver at the thought of what other bizarre preferences he will have growing up.

Proof of my son's bizarre choice? We were in line waiting for our turn to be seated at a restaurant when the lady in front of us suddenly squeaked -- eeeeeeeeeee! Her ashen face was turned to Scabbers, my son's stuffed rat. She was visibly scandalized by it's tail that looks so real :) I hope the sight of Scabbers didn't ruin her dinner.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha haa, Scabbers. I take it we are into Ms Rowling and her books?

Well, I hated rats growing up, and I still do. But look at me now, just about overflowing with all this weird at my disposal.

Cheers!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger lala said...

oh, momel, i can't wait for the next sequel to come out :) thanks for keeping in touch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home