Saturday, March 25, 2006

Love Lucy


Since I have more time than I can spend, I don’t only read the news now but ventured into reading lifestyle columns as well. This is how I discovered Lucy Torres. Of course we Filipinos all know her as that beautiful shampoo and Bench model married to Richard Gomez. But reading her weekly column at The Philippine Star gave me a wider glimpse into the character of this woman, who I now admire. Suffice it to say that if there’s one kind of life I want to have, or imitate, or duplicate, it is hers. In every column she writes is reflected her deep faith and moral values, dedication as a wife and mother, and integrity as a person. My admiration for Lucy lead me to research about her some more. Unlike most movie and tv personalities I know, Lucy has a college degree to her credit despite her forays into commercial modeling while still studying. Some less determined, less focused souls would have left school for the glamour of showbiz. Not to mention the fat paychecks that could go fatter with well-managed careers. Lucy wisely chose to finish what she deemed more important in the long run. I also found out we have some similarities. For starters, we are both confessed O.C.s (obsessive-compulsive). We both like organizing everything in the house, stacking things neatly in labeled cabinets and boxes. In my O.C.ness, in fact, I arrange clothes in the closet using 2 categories –color and usage! Like Lucy I also have a manual for the house help to follow, and I make sure rules are turned into agreements and expectations well understood. At the height of my O.C.ness and in my well-meaning attempt to make a previous helper manage her time effectively, I even made her a daily time table. But may be it was too much cause after a few months she quit. But I’m proud to say the lesson from that experience wasn’t lost on me. Last but not the least (and probably there are some more I’ve yet to discover), we’re both struggling amateurs when it comes to cooking. I bet that if only we will try harder we’ll both be better cooks but the desire just isn’t there. We both prefer to just enjoy eating our food.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said...

i saw you at Jess' BLOG site, please, please, continue the love for shopping... i suspect there are very few of us bloggers who can openly confess to shop a lot--at the risk of losing our avid readers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home